Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Intermediate CSS & The Android Logo Design

Monday night (9/21) was rough! Again, I was dead tired after work and basically went through the Intermediate CSS course in a haze. Barely any of the information stuck as I was yawning and dozing off half the time. 

Fast forward to tonight, I decided to not only go through the intermediate portion of the CSS tutorial, but I also went back to the beginner section as well. I'm glad I did, but a lot of this new information is starting to become slightly overwhelming. Not overwhelming in the fact that I can't wrap my head around the concept, but overwhelming in the fact that I feel like there are so many different ways to do one thing with all of this code. 

I'm at the part of The Odin Project where I have to design the android logo using just HTML and CSS, and I'm thinking to myself that there is no way that I'd be able to do all of this without watching the video of someone else enter their code from scratch. I'm getting the feeling that I'm performing data entry rather than actual "coding". 

Also, I stumbled upon FreeCodeCamp and it seems that more people like this curriculum as The Odin Project isn't getting a lot of updates because the owner is focusing his efforts on Viking Code School. I don't want to "Jump around" so I will stick to the Odin Project some more...


No comments:

Post a Comment